CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

December 16, 2013

CRAFT YOUR PASSION - ANYTHING BUT A CARD


It's time for another challenge over at Craft Your Passion and this week the theme is 'Anything but a card'  Our sponsors this week are Whimsy Stamps

As I'm madly trying to get everything done before Christmas, in amongst unwell family, sad losses, work and everyday life....I thought I should use this opportunity to get another few things ticked off my to-do list.

So I started to make up the sweetie jars that I've been meaning to get done for a little while now!



Lots of shops are doing sweet jars, but not only are they very expensive, they don't always have the sweets I would pick. Plus like most people we are trying to save a bit of money this year and making our own sweet jars up, was a great way to save the pennies, but still be able to give yummy sweets for Christmas!

So here is my first one! They are filled with gummy sugar covered dummies, soft mallow flumps, White and pink chocolate ice cream cones, and a gummy sports mix.




We purchased two different size glass jars from our local Ikea. They are lovely chunky jars and they seal really tightly which is great.

I literally just put a good mix of each of the sweets, in each jar and stuffed them nice and full :)

The hardest thing about putting these jars together was trying not to eat them all!!

I was going to just add a tag to each, but decided a jar label made them look a little bit more special, so I set about designing some labels for the jars, which I then cut from black vinyl. All my jars are labelled up and I'm really pleased with them :)




I then made some tags for each jar and each one has a 'to & from' on the back and a raised name (for the person who the sweets are for) on the front.





The tag is tied on with a bit of ribbon that matches the picture on the tag paper (trees). 




A few of the jars will be spare so I will leave the tags blank for now :) They will make a great last minute gift...hehe...

Follow on Bloglovin

Don't forget to come visit us over at CYP :)



                                                                   
Materials used:
Black Vinyl
White card
Digi papers
Glass jars
Sweets
Ribbon
Distressing ink pads 

Thanks for stopping by :)
Hugs
x


Challenges entered:
Silhouette Challenges - 3D - Vinyl 'sweets' label and tag were all done using my silhouette

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is a brilliant Idea I LOVE those type of sweets too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous gift idea, Sam. The tag looks gorgeous. Well done for not eating too many of the sweets. If it have been me the gift would have just been the jar! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam this is such a delicious treat! Love it!

    hugs,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweet treat is just fabulous,Sam.Just love the festive papers and beautiful ribbon :)
    Well done on resisting temptation!!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...