CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

May 28, 2014

TOP TIP TUESDAY - MONOCHROME - STEAMPUNK


Its challenge time over at Top Tip Tuesday. 

This fortnight the theme is 'Monochrome' Which means use all of one colour or shades of one colour :)

Our sponsor this fortnight is the zany Kenny K and I'm already a big fan of his digi's so I was extra excited. 

As soon as I spotted Savannah Belle I had an idea of the colour shades I would use.

I do love Steampunk designs, I just wish I had more chance to do them or could do them better...hehe...But I still had fun creating with her, who wouldn't? She's gorgeous.

Savannah is coloured using Promarkers



I decided to use brown as my colour and have tried to use various shades and warmth's of brown throughout the image. I have also tried to keep all the embellishments and papers to different shades of brown too.

There is a little printed and cut banner and some dark brown embossed card that I have then enhanced the embossing, by using bronze guilding wax all over.


I made all of the embellishments including this large one in the bottom right corner. Its hard to see in the photos, but this has lots of depth as each of the cogs you can see, sits at a different level. I did this using paper cogs, that I stained with distress inks and my melt pot.



Follow on Bloglovin

Thank you for popping by, don't forget to share your monochrome creations and to check out the other fab DT projects 

I'd love for you to follow my little blog, you can either click the above link or use the google+ tab in my sidebar, either way, thanks millions for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon
Hugs 
xx




Challenges entered:

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful design, Sam! Love all the steampunk details! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Samantha LOVE the design and also the Cogs in the Ghee is brilliant too! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is fabulous, you have really captured the steampunk theme and loving the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesme card Samantha! I love steam punk & monochrome!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will make a great guy card, I love steampunk. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Masculine or Grungy." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the steam punk its fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. Thank you for joining us at Eureka Stamps Challenge this week. I hope to see you again next week.

    Peggy T
    Eureka Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an amazing monochromatic card. I love how you coloured her dress, perfect!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Kenny K Krafty Krew Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you back soon again!
    Nick
    Team A(ll That)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great details in your card. Fabulous coloring. Thanks for playing along with our Guy Challenge at Color Me Creative. Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...