Good morning all, wow 2 posts in one day, when my blog has been quiet recently (I know quiet is odd for me lol)
Well this post is an exciting and nervous one for me, its my first post for Imagination Crafts :)
I am so excited to be on such a talented team and to get to work with such amazing products, keep watching this space as hopefully there will be many more from me :)
Today is the start of a new challenge over at Imagination Crafts and as always it is 'Anything Goes' and the winner gets a whopping £40 to spend on Imagination Craft goodies.
Here goes, my first make is a 'Sister' card and its very shiny and sparkly ;p It is made pretty much entirely out of Imagination Craft Products, except for the matt layers.
Instructions (Please excuse phone photos)
1. Tape down a sheet of Wishing Well Glossy card and can i just say wow, this card is super glossy and super thick, i confess i couldn't stop stroking it hehe.
2. Place the Moonlight Owl Stencil over the sheet of card and secure.
3. I used 3 different colours of sparkle medium, Blue moonstone, Antique Pink, Diamond Quartz. This stuff is like treasure in a pot, you may have seen it used on TV or youtube and boy does it look scrummy on there, but it does it no justice at all, i just kept opening the pots to stare at it and oooh and ahhh.
Even if you don't intend using it i would still buy a pot of this to have sitting on a shelf, just to open every now and then, as it really is happiness in a pot :) hehe, of course once you see it you'll want to play though ;p
4. Using an old credit card, i spread the different colours over different parts of the stencil.
For the owl i added in a second colour over his wing area, just to make it stand out a little more from his body.
5. I carefully removed my stencil and cleaned it, first scrapping all excess sparkle medium that wasn't mixed with another colour back into its pot.
6. I left it all to dry, whilst cutting out the word sister, which i then liberally covered in the Blue moonstone sparkle medium and also left to dry.
7. Once everything was dry. I created some shadow under parts of the owl with a grey Promarker just to give it a bit more depth and then matted and layered onto some co-ordinating paper, Then i popped on the word and my card was complete.
Thanks for popping in :)
I'd love for you to follow my little blog, you can either click the above link or use the google+ or google friends tabs in my sidebar, either way, thanks millions for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon