CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

March 18, 2016

Painting the Millennium Falcon! - Dry brushing technique

mil card 4 main w
Happy Friday everyone :)
Before you get to wondering too much, i didn't need scaffolding for this job!  hehe....
Although I'm sure painting the real Millennium Falcon would be fun, this is a mini Falcon, that is made from air dry paper clay and was for use on my hubby's Valentines card.
I love paper clay, but don't use it as much as I should! Its so light weight that its perfect for adding things like this to cards and projects, without adding any weight, which means two things, my card doesn't topple over all the time and it doesn't add anything to the ever rising postage costs if I was sending it!
I just wanted to share with you how simple it is to get that old, rough, distressed kind of look (this can work on other items too, not just paper clay).
First make your object, in this case the Millennium Falcon and let it fully dry, normally over a night or two.

How to achieve the paint effect:
 Millenium Falcon 1
1. Paint your item in its base/main colour.

Millenium Falcon 2
2. Give it a second coat if need be, let it fully dry.

Millenium Falcon 3


.... Please click HERE to read the rest of this post over on my new blog.
Hugs,
Sam
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...