CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

July 28, 2013

HANDMADE GERBERA FLOWERS

Wow, wow wow, is all I can say. I am one happy girlie, very pleased with myself.

I was so excited when I finished my first Gerbera that I literally bounced around the house. I even took it out into the garden and placed it on a green stem as I was so convinced it looked realistic.




I decided to create these flowers as I needed a Gerbera style flower as an embellishment on my mother in laws birthday card and couldn't find any cut files that I felt would make a detailed enough flower.

I created the cut files for these flowers in Silhouette Designer Edition.


 It was a relatively simple cut file, mainly consisting of repetitions of each layer and cut using 2 separate colours. (In fact for the ones in these pics, I used some old binder index pages)

 It looked nothing special, even when I started piecing it together and I really thought I had wasted my time and materials (but hey I guess that's how we all learn), but boy was I mistaken. 

As I got closer to completing gluing all the layers together, I was getting more and more butterflies in my belly as it was looking better and better by the layer. This is the final result (and the two following ones I made).



 I finished off the centres, by just going over the edges of the black centres with a black Promarker.

Don't forget to let me know what you think :)

x

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...