CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

July 28, 2013

MOTHER IN LAWS BIRTHDAY CARDS

Last week was my Mother in Laws birthday and she does so much for us, what with having our little one when I am working that I wanted to make her cards extra special (but I had so little time as everything was so manic with work and hospital appointments, plus I needed two!!! As she is Nanny as well as Mum!)

 So where to start.....My in laws have just taken in, a little grey and white Rescued English Setter puppy, named Dodge





He is a bit of a handful to say the least, especially as they are in their later years and they had vowed they weren't rescuing any more dogs after one of their dogs sadly passed away last year. 

 But along came Dodge with all his cheekiness and the rescue charity were desperate for my in laws to take him in, as he is deaf (as was their dog that passed) and so this made re-homing him difficult and he faced being put down. So I decided cheeky Dodge should try and appear somewhere on her cards :)




 I ended up combining two different stamps from two completely different sets (with a bit of masking) too create what was meant to symbolise 'Dodge' and their youngest granddaughter 'Lilly'. I then coloured with Promarkers in some of her favourite colours.

 I popped on a couple of my newly made Gerberas, a few mats to make the image 'pop' and a lovely piece of ribbon, that says 'made with love' and that was it, a simple, quick (but I think, very pretty and personal to her), card.


 I wanted to put Nan or Nanny somewhere on the card, but nowhere suited it, so I left it off and voila this is the finished card :)





..................................................................................................................................................................................


For our 'Mum' card, I used a 2 digi images from a CD I recently purchased. The images were of a hat and a dress, I merged these together in the Silhouette Software so that the hat was no longer separate and was instead placed on top of the dress mannequin.

I used a dress and hat that looked daisy like, one to give the two cards a bit of a tie and two because daisy/Gerbera type flowers are my mother in laws favourites. I used all her favourite colours to colour the two items with, I also used the Silhouette software to create separate layers, enabling me to decoupage the dress/hat (I coloured these in matching colours).


I made an ornate frame, popped a patterned background behind the frame and then mounted the dress/hat onto it (after layering up of course). Again 'Mum' didn't look right anywhere on the card, so I left it off. Again another relatively quick, simple card, but with lots of personal touches and made especially for her :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...