CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

November 14, 2013

MILKCOFFEE SHAPED SHOWCASE CARD


It's time for another showcase and a new image over at Milkcoffee, this is pilgrim girl isn't she sweet? And perfect for thanksgiving :) 

We don't celebrate thanksgiving here in the UK, but it's still so much fun to create thanksgiving cards, especially when we have such great images like this to work with :)

We were set the theme of shaped cards, why not have a look at the other DT cards too. 

To make my shaped card, I used my silhouette and I cut the front opening edge of a blank card, to match the outline shape of my image.


The image was coloured with promarkers. I kept her clothes to a muted green, but to add a bit of overall warmth I made her hair a warm reddish brown. 

The sentiment was from harvest moon digi collection, layered on white and then a matching base layer. This was then mounted onto a hessian green style paper (freebie from an old magazine) shape cut using a sizzix tags die.



I then used two tags dies to create the frame, from the same green hessian style paper. This time though, I used a little distress ink on the edges, to give a better effect for a frame. I also stuck the frame on with 3D foam pads, to give it more depth.

The top and bottom of the card were framed with a mixed leaf cut out strip, with orange and green flowers to match the colours in the image. 


A couple of matching green pearls on the side of the frame and a piece of the green paper on the inside edge of the card (so it sits behind the image) and the card was finished.



Follow on Bloglovin

Materials used:

Promarkers
Pearls and Orange and green flowers from stash 
Paper from old magazine in stash
Glue and sticky pads

Thanks for visiting
xx

Challenges I would like to enter:

11 comments:

  1. I love this, Sam. I love the colours you've used and your colouring is amazing (as always). Fab design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card.Love the softness of the colours and you've coloured her so beautifully.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this the colours are beautifull thanks for joining us at brown sugar this week and good luck
    Grts tonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really is a darling pilgrim girl. Thanks for linking up with us at Color My Heart and sharing her with us. Your coloring is just beautiful, and I love how you cut her out to become a silhouette focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love the way you cut the card. Very unique. Thanks for joining our Thank You Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I especially love the dimensional frame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project, glad you entered! Jackie GD An Inky Situation

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is such a darling image! Love the colors! Beautiful flowers! Love the fold! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the flowers and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is an adorable pilgrim and a great shaped card! Thank you for joining us at Get Inky! Challenge. Julie, DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! Love the color combo, and your coloring is amazing!!

    Thanks for joining us at the Craftin Desert Divas Thanksgiving Linky Party! :)
    Lori
    http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...