CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

January 22, 2014

TTT CHALLENGE - FAVOURITE SKETCH



It's Tuesday....And that means it's challenge time at Top Tip Tuesdays :) 

Our sponsor this fortnight is the fun and quirky QKR and the image I used is Old Golfer - The theme this challenge is 'Your favourite sketch' and if you hop on over to the main blog you will also find some fantastic organisation tips :)



The sketch I chose is from 'I (heart) sketches', it is one I have used for a little while now although some of the cards won't have featured on my blog yet, as they are sitting in the sidelines waiting to show and so you may see this sketch a few more times yet :)

My Father in Law is a very keen golfer, in fact he generally goes at least 3 days a week and he is a little on the old side now...hehe...(yes i say that to him too!) So when I spotted this image it was perfect, its an old golfer and it isn't too serious, just right for a card for my FIL. 



For the 3 embellishments on the sketch, I decided to add charms and what better than golf themed charms! So that I could have the right size, in the right colour and a good selection of golf shapes, I made my own charms :) These were so much fun to do. I used some pre-made shapes from the silhouette online store and cut out the sizes of each shape that I wanted 6 times each. 

Golf ball & tee
I then layered these all together to give a nice thick, solid 3D shape. Then I painted them the colour I wanted, added a loop through each and attached with a matching colour paper fastener to the card. 

Golf Buggy
I decided on brass/gold colours as these suited the rest of the card better than a silver would have. I was so pleased with how they turned out :) The photos don't really do them any justice as they are so dinky and look like they are real charms :)

Golf Flag
For the background paper and fishtail I used digi papers. One is of golf tee's and the other is golf writing/terminology. Both have been layered onto mats and distressed. 
I decided to give the whole card an old feel, like it was old and had seen a few years too...hehe.... But I wanted the image to still pop as much as possible so opted to colour him in relatively bright colours.



I tried to add some texture to his jumper and a few wrinkles and shadows to his face.


Although the sketch doesn't show a sentiment or words, I wanted to personalise the card that bit further so added the word DAD in matching gold and distress colours. And that's the wonderful thing with sketches, they can be used to inspire you and get your mojo flowing, but you can adapt them to suit your needs or for what you feel fits better.


I hope you have lots of fun playing with your favourite sketch and I can't wait to see your creations :)

Follow on Bloglovin


Thank you for popping by, don't forget to check out the other fab DT projects 
Hugs
x



Challenges entered:

11 comments:

  1. Great card, Sam. I bet your FIL will love it. Those charms are amazing. Very inventive I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brill card, love the little charms they go just perfect. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card love the image reminds me of my gramp. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this fornight for our 'It's a boy thing' Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant image and embellishments . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun image, love the charms, thanks for joining us at Crafters Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab card! Thanks for joining our Boys/Men challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card for a guy, that image is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz, good luck. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and so very well done! I love your embellishments. I will have to try that. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab male card :-) Thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card! Love the sketch and your take on it :) Thanks for joining us at Silhouette challenges! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card hunny LOVE the charms super cute haha! hugs me x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...