CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

August 07, 2013

DISTRESS INKS

I haven't been feeling too well the last few days, rolled in with a wedding, an extremely energetic and crazy 15 month old, a temperamental 17 year old and a husband with a broken hand......I've been feeling exhausted!!

So crafting has been out of the window (well I did manage to print out a couple of different Wryn's, some just to colour and some to try out for a birthday card!) and I haven't managed to do any more setting up of my new 'craft home' either :(

But today, two Tim Holtz distress ink pads turned up, pine needle and walnut stain, so of course I had to give them a little try, especially as distress inks are another new thing for me to get used to and play with!!

With the Walnut Stain, I took a cardboard insert (from my daughters new PJ's) and cut it down into a couple of different sizes. I then gently swiped the ink on the edges of the card and brushed it gently over the front sides, this gave the below effect.



I then got a little braver and decided to try using a little stamp that I received in error as a background. The stamp is only about quarter of the size of the piece of card, but I just used bits of the stamp and mainly second generation ink to create the writing on the card. It all created a very vintage looking piece of background card, that I can't wait to use :) 


It went from this.....


To this ........


With the pine needle pad, I decided to cut out a tag ready for the Birthday card I need to create and to edge it with the green. The birthday card is for my sister in law and as her favourite colours are blues and greens, I will be colouring any card image as such, so I thought a green edged tag would tie in quite nicely. I used white card this time to swipe the ink onto.

I can see me getting hooked on distress ink :)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...