CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

September 10, 2013

THANK YOU NANNY AND GRANDAD xx




Hey to everyone that’s kindly take the time to read this post :)
What a busy crafting month I have ahead of me! I can’t believe we are already this far into the month and I have so much to do!! And it’s all got to be fitted around family, home and work….arggghhh
Firstly we got our first DDCC challenge and wow……This is my first Design Team and I really do want to try and make something phenomenal for this challenge, fingers crossed things go as planned, although I’ve already changed my mind a few times…hehe….
Next I have two ‘Eighteenth’ cards to make – One for my daughter (so it has to be extra special) and one for her best friend – Their birthdays are a day apart!!
On top of this I’ve got my daughters car insurance to arrange, as due to the ridiculously high price applied to young policies, we are helping with this cost for her birthday, but I also need to do all the ringing around to get prices etc
Insurance companies seem to have no rhyme or reason as to why they charge what they charge and things you would expect to lower or raise the policy, in fact do the complete opposite!!
And for the ‘Pièce de résistance’ I’m going to attempt to make a ‘pug’ birthday cake for my daughter!!!!
HELP…….Just incase you didn’t hear that HELP!!! No, I really mean it lol….I can’t find any tutorials or instructions on how to make a decent looking pug cake, so if any of you wonderful people out there have any info, please please send it my way…Either way I will be sure to update you on my progress and if I don’t have a photo of a finished cake, I’ll at least have a photo of a blob, trying to resemble a cake….lol
Oooo back to what this post was actually about….hehe…..In amongst all of the above I had already decided to enter a Grandparents card challenge as my in laws are wonderful and help us out so much, so I thought this was a perfect way to make them a card and say thank you.
I decided to use the Tiddlyinks image ‘thank you beary much’ I just thought this was perfect for them as grandparents, as Wryn is sitting in a typical nanny and grandad chair and looks so sweet with her teddy bears.


I opted not to use the cute sentiment that comes with the digi image, instead I decided to wrap the words thank you, along with nanny and grandad around the chair as I wanted to keep the image and words in one specific area.
I swap the way I do things each time I do it, so one time I will colour my image then pick the papers and other times I will pick my papers and colour my image to match. This was one of the later….I picked my papers, both with a warm red and similar patterns and then decided that I would make the rest of the card look very natural and warm too. I think that’s because I wanted it to feel like grandparents make you feel , warm and snuggly :)
I decided to use a shaped aperture to mount my image on, rather than just a square or circle as I thought this gave the card image a bit more of a feature.  To help keep it natural and soft I used a creamy beige coloured paper and distressed the edges with ‘vintage photo’
I then matted and layered my papers, including adding a gorgeous bit of red mirror card behind one of my papers – Notice how I cut the words ‘thank you’ into the paper, this is all around the edge as I thought it just needed a bit of something as it is a relatively simple card. 
I then decided to use one of the bigshots sizzlit dies and one of the framelit dies (that came in the starter pack) to create the flowers.   Again I just used a piece of creamy beige coloured paper and distressed the edges with ‘vintage photo’. I then curled the edges, attached some cute pearls to give an almost button hole look to the centre and then fixed them together using a pinflair style glue (this style of glue just helped to keep a bit of dimension, rather than squishing the flowers down). 

I still can’t believe this....


Turned into this…..

I’m still amazed at what something as simple as distressing and curling can do!
I thought the flowers looked a bit lost just stuck to the bottom empty space of the card, so decided add a strip of hand made paper (not by me!) for them to sit on. Luckily enough I had a piece of Handmade paper that was still in keeping with the natural theme but that also had some red symbols on, that blended perfectly with the colour scheme.


I decided to keep the colouring as neutral as possible, but without being plain, so that’s why I picked a soft yellow for Wryns dress and shoes and some warm browns for her teddies :)  I also didn’t want to give her blonde hair as I thought this may get lost with the beige chair, but I was bit scared of doing black hair, I envy those that make it look so realistic and beautiful, but black was definitely the colour I thought it should be and that’s what I attempted….hehe…..And for my new found friend Emmey, I’ve actually used three colours in her hair and on her dress and shoes, OK, OK, so only little bits lol but it’s a start ;p To finish, I curved the image slightly, before adding, to give it a bit of depth (can't be seen very well in photos).





Thanks for stopping by
xx
Challenges entered

Party time tuesdays - Grandparents day
Tiddlyinks - Saying thanks
Silhouette Challenges - welding letters
Totally Gorjuss - Anything goes
Whimsical Designs - Something old, something new - Digi stamp is brand new to my collection, this is the first time I have used it :) The papers and mirror card are old and have been waiting to be used for quite some time x


10 comments:

  1. love this card, your handmade flowers are stunning :) I remember when I first learned to drive, my car insurance cost more than my car, its shocking :( hope you can get a reasonable deal from somewhere! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well so far i've got the £3750 quote down to £1148!!! And thats with a years no claims...lol...x

      Delete
  2. Your card is just adorable! Love your scene and your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...thanks for playing along with us at Silhouette Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this and the way you did the names is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks and good luck! :)

    Big Hugs
    xx Tracey xx
    ~TIDT~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! I love how you placed the sentiment around the image- it looks like it was made to be that way :) Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam, This is adorable! The image is perfect for your in-laws with that sweet little girl. I especially love the way you wrapped the sentiment around the chair! That looks like it was done by the artist and was always meant to be there. What program did you do that in? I've got to give that a try!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my that is just beautiful and they are going to love it, the flowers are stunning!
    thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week, hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sam, this is beautiful! :D I love everything about it <3 <3 oh just, wooooww! I love that unsual shape you use, dear. Your colouring is beautiful too! <3 what did you use to colour the image?
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mikha :) I used my trusty promarkers to colour it :)
      Hugs
      X

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...