CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

  • CONTACT form can be found at the bottom of the page

Search This Blog

January 29, 2014

CYP - SPOTS AND STRIPES CHALLENGE


Another week and another challenge at Craft Your Passion This week the theme is 'Spots and stripes'. 

Our sponsors this week are the fabulous 'Bugaboo'  - I Lurrvvee Bugaboo stamps, they have such a massive collection and they have something for everyone. I used Valentine Jar 



I have been meaning to try Zendoodling for quite some time now, and was recently inspired by my friend Robertas stunning zendoodling on a mermaid, to actually give it a try. Roberta kindly shared a link to TanglePatterns and I would strongly recommend a visit if you plan to have your first go at Zendoodling :)


It was soooooo much fun and definitely on my list to do again. I will try some different patterns next time and will ensure I make my image bigger, as I found that my pen bled a little and merged some of the lines together. As the theme is spots and stripes, I made sure I used some patterns incorporating these.


To help the image pop a little, I decided to use my promarkers to colour in odd bits of the tangle patterns. I then felt this gave the image a bit of a graffiti feel and so as it is a card for hubby for Valentines, I decided to stick with the graffitti feel as it would be great for a male card.

I was super lucky and the wonderful Mikha made me a wonderful photo tutorial on how to add the paint around the edge of the card. Now Mikha's creations where she uses this effect are stunning and very shabby chic. Mine on the other hand, looked like a builders offcuts...lol....But then that fitted my card, so all was well :) This is another thing that is addictive though and on my to do again list ;p



I added some hand drawings and words faintly onto the background brick wall, again to keep with the graffiti feel and too help personalise the card (as I used mine and hubbys intitals etc). After sticking the image onto the red card, I covered it with PVA to create a nice sheen and layer over it.

Follow on Bloglovin


Don't forget to come visit us over at CYP :)
                                                                   
Materials used:
Promarkers
PVA glue
White Paint
Distress inks
Tim Holtz Kraft core card
DP - 'Man made' paper pad
White & Cream cardstock from stash
Bugaboo image - Valentine Jar

Thanks for stopping by :)
Hugs

12 comments:

  1. Fab and funky, Sam. Love the Zendoodling it's something I've been meaning to try myself. You're right about the graffitti look, fantastic for a guy's card and very Banksy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Samantha this is so great. I like the zentagle that you did. Maybe I will try it out also sometime.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! What a great image! Love the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome I love that stamp but i love how yo have made it your own with the sentangle pattersn and created the graffitti wall
    Thanks for joining us this month over at LEJ Designs challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (DT for LEJ Designs)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, and what a fab image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Samantha.I love the fab fun image and your bold colours are stunning.
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,Sam.You really nailed the zendoodling.It works wonderfully on this image and love the whole concept of this card.Great for your hubby - He's bound to love it.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card! Isn't doodling too much fun?
    The background papers are PERFECT! And I love that you added your initials...so cute!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank Roberta and thanks for the inspiration. Hugs xx

      Delete
  9. Fabulous card!! Love the edginess!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, all comments are much appreciated
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...